Winter has been with us for a few weeks now and in some parts of the country, the coldest part of the season is just about to kick off. Traditional heating systems are powerful, durable, and relatively inexpensive to run. However, because they are embedded in the structures they serve- they are not very versatile. Now, you can take some of the demand off of your HVAC system, and expend your entertaining capacity by heating outdoor areas with portable propane infrared heaters.
Portable heaters have become a viable and attractive option in recent years, as advancements in energy and manufacturing techniques have made portable heating effective, versatile, and inexpensive.
Why Use an Outdoor Portable Heater?
Most homeowners do the majority of their entertaining during the summer months. This is due simply to the fact that the summer weather is nicer and barbecuing outdoors is fun and easy to clean up. But what if you could heat an outdoor area effectively and affordably using a portable outdoor heater? Imagine enjoying the beauty of a snowy landscape from the warmth and comfort of your affordable heated porch or patio. It’s a pretty compelling idea- and portable propane and infrared heaters make it possible.
The Advantages of Portable Patio Heaters
- Inexpensive to buy and use
- Portable and self-contained
- Low maintenance
Deciding whether to use propane, natural gas, or electrically powered infrared heaters will depend on the space you intend to heat, the current weather conditions, the size of your party, the cost of utilities in your area, the distance of the area to be heated from the main structure, and other considerations. Here, we’ll discuss the pros and cons of the available options in order to help you make the best choice for you and your guests.
Portable Propane Patio Heaters
Portable patio heaters run on liquid propane, which is plentiful, affordable, and efficient. The fuel tank on portable heaters is contained safely in the base of the heater, where it is safely protected from the heating element. Modern engineering has made this system powerful, durable, easy to use, low maintenance, and long-lasting. These units are completely self-contained and small enough to be easily moved by hand.
These units come in a variety of styles and sizes, and the fuel tank is concealed beneath a stylish hood that matches the design of the unit. The fuel tanks can be swapped out, making them easier to use over long periods.
The Advantages of a Portable Propane Gas Heater
- Propane generated heat lingers since the air itself is warmed
- Modern propane-powered devices are safer and more efficient than ever
- Propane is much more efficient than burning wood for heat
Portable Infrared Patio Heaters
All our patio heaters produce infrared heat because it’s the safest and most cost-efficient space heating available. Infrared heaters produce heat which does not warm the air as a furnace does. Rather, they warm objects and people in the immediate area. These heaters can radiate heat 6 to 12 feet in a 360-degree circle around the unit. The unit’s reach depends on weather conditions. The colder the ambient temperature, the harder it will have to work.
Tips on Using Portable Heaters
Portable heaters are a relatively new concept for a lot of folks. So, here are a few ideas about how best to use them, and some hidden advantages that you’ll want to make use of.
- Portable heaters are great for use in areas that are remote from the main structure and too far away for traditional heating.
- With portable heaters, you are not limited to areas with an in-built electrical supply or proximity to a natural gas line.
- Portable heaters can deliver a welcome boost to an installed heater, making up for a lapse in heating time.
- Portable heaters are an excellent asset to have on hand in the event of a power outage- especially during the cold season.
- Heat different areas of a patio, or separate patios, with no need to heat unused areas.
- Take advantage of the freedom to rearrange your patio layout as needed.
- Should your cold season gathering become more popular, adding more portable heaters to warm a larger crowd is easy and affordable.
- If you need heaters on short notice. Portable heaters are much easier and faster to assemble vs installing permanent natural gas/electric heaters.
- In the event that you only need heaters for a given event, some party supply companies will have portable heaters available for rent.
Get in touch to learn more about the advantages of portable propane and infrared heaters. Our friendly home and patio heating experts are ready to answer all of your questions.
Want more information? Have a question? Contact us today, and we will be happy to help!